Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 1

Landed. Hurray. Wooo. 


The whole travel procedure wasn't so bad. nothing bad happened although i almost missed my first flight due to my exploring the airport. Oh well. 


THe flight was you know...cool. I watched a shit ton of movies though. a future posting will be devoted to a review of all the movies I watched. There was also one flight attendant who was just clearly out of her element catering to non-english speakers (it was a delta flight). She had trouble interpreting the word "juice" (its the same in korean with some inflection). 


Anyways, I landed an hour early, which is awesome because I just took my time getting out of customs, which included a health check from 3 really bored looking dudes. Swine flu's a pretty big deal here i think. 


My cousin picked me up, and we went to one of my grandma's house for dinner (waayyy early for me like....like 4:30) then we went to Coex, which is like the megamall of the world and did some small grocery shopping and walked around some more. 


OOO and we called 김혜선!!!!! Apparently she's really bored because she's not a student and she doesn't have a job in Korea, so i'm assuming we'll be hanging out for a bit at some point. 


That was basically the extent of my day...got a nice selection of korean snack type foods for my more... "real" dinner....떡복기, 만두, and 좃발. i dunno the right spelling for all that...but its spicy rice cake, dumplings, and pig feet. fuck yea. 


ya....i'll get to taking pictures around here maybe next week. 

1 comment:

  1. ahh! you've left forever. :-( glad to see everything went well and that you are liking it.

    ps- writing in korean, uncool.

    ReplyDelete